Experiments for M.Tech. in Nanotechnology
Readers of this blog will be excited to know that following are the experiments proposed for students of M.Tech. in Nanotechnology by Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai (CG) India. Do you have any suggestion for setting up and preparation of teaching material for these experiments?
The experiments are as follows.
Nanotechnology for Energy System Lab
- Fabrication and study of characteristics of dye-sensitized solar cell.
- Fabrication and study of characteristics of alkaline electrolyte fuel cell
- Fabrication and study of Proton Exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell.
- Study of various characteristics of Li-ion based batteries.
- Fabrication and study of solid oxide fuel cells.
- Fabrication and study of micro fuel cell power sources.
- To study solar energy harvesting using photo-thermal solar cells.
- To study the volumetric and gravimetric storage capacities of hydrogen storage nano materials.
- Study of various characteristics of MEMS.
- Study of various characteristics of NEMS.
- Study of efficiencies and other parameters of various solar cell structures and their comparison.
- Study of the behavior of the piezoelectric membranes and their applications.
Use appropriate simulation software to study the following.
1. Use appropriate simulation software to study the Molecular Dynamics simulations of nano-materials.
2. Simulate ballistic transport properties in 3D Carbon NanoTube Field Effect Transistor (CNTFET) devices.
3. Use appropriate simulation tool to compute molecular electronic spectra.
4. Simulate Coulomb Blockade through Many-Body Calculations in a single and double quantum dot system.
5. Compute by simulation the electronic structure of various materials in the spatial configuration of bulk (infinitely periodic).
6. Apply simulation technique to compute the electronic structure of quantum wells (confined in one dimension.
7. Simulates pull-in behavior of Carbon nanotube based NEMS with fixed-fixed boundary conditions, with and without Vander Waal's effect.
8. Apply simulation techniques to visualise the surface texture of nanostructured ZnO material.
9. Express graphically the states of molecular vibrations in silver nanomaterials using simulation techniques.
10. Use simulation methods to study the characteristics of quantum dots
11. Use simulation methods to study the variation of energy band gap with size of nanomaterials.
12. Use simulation method for study of variation of surface energy with size of the nanoparticles.
CHARACTERIZATION OF NANOMATERIALS
1. Study of nanocrystalline films of II-VI compounds doped with rare earths for applications in light detectors, Solar cells, Lamp phosphors etc.
2. Absorption spectral studies of the prepared nanocrystalline films and determination of absorption coefficient.
3. Tauc’s plots and determination of band gap from the absorption spectra.
4. Determination of particle size from the absorption spectral studies of nanocrystalline films.
5. Photoluminescence emission spectral studies of the prepared nanocrystalline films.
6. Study of luminescence characteristics of the prepared Alkaline earth aluminates.
7. Study of Hall effect in semiconductors and its application in nanotechnology.
8. Measurement of electrical conductivity of thin film of semiconductors by Four Probe Method and study of temperature variation of electrical conductivity.
9. Study and determination of optical and electrical properties of surface conducting glass plate by spray pyrolysis method.
10. Study and determination of optical and electrical properties of surface conducting glass plate by chemical route.
11. Study of luminescent properties of nanostructured Y2O3: Eu phosphors.
12. Study of electro chromic properties Prussian blue nano thin film.
13. Study of aqueous Ferro fluid (colloidal suspension of magnetic nanoparticles) under external magnetic field.
SYNTHESIS OF NANOMATERIALS
1. Synthesis of nanocrystalline films of II-VI compounds doped with rare earths by chemical deposition technique
2. Fabrication of nanocrystalline films for use as optical filter for solar cells.
3. Synthesis of Alkaline earth aluminates in nanocrystalline form by combustion synthesis.
4. Preparation of surface conducting glass plate by spray pyrolysis method.
5. Preparation of surface conducting glass plate by chemical route.
6. Working with high vacuum coating unit and deposition of various metals on different substrates.
7. Preparation of nanostructured Y2O3: Eu phosphors .
8. Formation of Prussian blue nano thin film and study of its electro chromic properties.
9. Fabrication of micro fluidic nanofilter by polymerisation reaction.
10. Synthesis of aqueous Ferro fluid (colloidal suspension of magnetic nanoparticles).
11. Preparation and characteristics of Cadmium Selenide quantum dot List of Experiments nanoparticles.
12. Fabrication of nano silver arrays by nanosphere lithography.